WorksSafe B.C. (Workers' Compensation Board of British Columbia) regulation B335-94, requires all forklift operators to have proof of legislated training.
Hunter's Forklift Operator course is the most comprehensive, accurate and practical available today. Hunter Industries introduces topics that will instil a pro-active attitude toward safety of the operator, the machine and products. Increasing productivity, reducing operator errors, reducing maintenance costs while meeting Due Diligence requirements are some of the benefits from Hunter's Forklift Operator course.
These courses cover many types of forklifts including: sit down counterbalance(SDCB), stand-up, stand-up reach truck and powered pallet trucks.
To provide the operator with:
- an understanding of forklift handling characteristics
- basic technical considerations and forklift dynamics
- an understanding of primary regulations
- a bench-mark for improving operating skills
- a desire to maintain his/her vehicle in good working order
- safe and efficient operation procedures
During the course the operator will:
- receive theory and practical instruction
- complete a test on theory and practical
- receive a workbook and writing materials
Upon successful completion each student will receive:
- a diploma
- a plastic identification card
- ability to understand English
- certified safety-toed boots
- ability to drive an automobile
COURSE CONTENT (CSA Standard B335-04)
The theory session covers numerous topics including:
- Types of Lift Trucks
- Pre-shift Checks
- Air Brakes
The practical session includes:
- Pre-shift Inspection
- Placing and Picking a Load
- Restricted Turns
- General Operation
FORKLIFT COURSES AVAILABLE:
This course is designed for students that have less than 6 months experience operating a forklift or no experience at all. Students receive 8 hours of theory instruction and 8 hours of practical instruction.
This course is designed for students that have a minimum of 6 months current experience operating a forklift. Students receive 8 hours of theory instruction and & practical evaluation/instruction at your work site.
This course is designed for students that have an expired forklift operator certification, no more than 30 days past expiry date. Students receive 8 hours of refresher theory instruction. Students must verify certification with office staff at Hunter Industries. Contact us for more information.